The Ultimate in Pool Care offers tips for creating your own backyard oasis and hiring a swimming pool contractor
Has last summer’s sweltering weather and the relatively mild winter had you thinking about installing a new aquatic oasis in your backyard? Don’t hesitate because pool-planning season has already started. Beat this year’s heat with an affordable, energy-efficient environment for connecting with family and friends, and choose your swimming pool contractor wisely.
When planning your new oasis, Ultimate in Pool Care recommends five tips for starting the pool-planning process:
- Ask yourself what you’d enjoy out of having a pool and spa;
- Consider affordability;
- Think about the ideal pool type to meet your needs, budget and setting;
- Consider equipment and other options; and
- Where should your pool go?
Once you’ve answered these questions to your satisfaction, the next step is choosing a swimming pool professional to work with.
What you should know before hiring a swimming pool contractor
You either have an idea of what you want in your backyard oasis by now, or perhaps you’d like some assistance from a swimming pool professional to help firm things up. Review these tips on hiring a contractor:
- Make sure the pool contractor has experience building in environments such as yours. Ask to see samples.
- Make sure the pool contractor has considered all factors (labor, warranties) in the cost estimate.
- Is the contractor bonded, insured and versed in all applicable regulations for your state and community? Has he or she weighed any specific safety concerns?
- Does the contractor understand your vision and can he or she create it as cost-effectively as possible?
- Does the contractor participate in continuing education to stay abreast of best practices and the latest industry technologies?
- Is the pool contractor an APSP Certified Professional? APSP certification ensures your contractor has proven knowledge of design and construction, and is committed to upholding the highest standards.