March 20, 2020 (Updated April 2, 2020)
Dear Ultimate in Pool Care | Chaikin Ultimate Pools Valued Customer,
First and foremost, we are all sending our hopes and prayers that you and yours are all well and safe.
Although we are working with limited & staggered hours to keep office staff separated and safe, we are scheduling openings and as of today plan to adhere to the schedules as you request them.
Per the latest versions of New York State Executive Order 202.6 , 202.8, and 202.10 regarding essential/non-essential businesses, it is the consensus of our industry and our attorneys that we can perform pool service & maintenance for Swimming Pools, as well as complete ongoing construction projects that are deemed unsafe in their current state. We are also allowed to provide service, regardless of the type, if we send only one employee into a yard to do the work. We have decided for the safety of our clients, employees, and families to curtail our field operations to emergency services only. Our plan is to operate this way through April 12, 2020. We believe it is in the best interest of society if we go to extremes to prevent the spread of Covid-19. We understand and agree that summerizing and maintaining pools is now and should continue to be essential for many different reasons. It is our intent to continue scheduling these services so that come April 13th we are in a strong position to begin the process of making sure our customers’ pools are running and properly sanitized and maintained for the 2020 season.
That said, given the fluid situation and changing definitions associated with COVID-19, we’d like you to think about scheduling the summerizing of your pools and spas sooner than later. Please call the office at (631) 242-2667 to schedule your Pool Summerizing and Maintenance as soon as feasibly possible. Since we are working remotely, it may take a little more time than usual to get back to you, but you will get a return call. If email would be more convenient for you. please email either Info@ultimatepoolcare.com or Dawn@Chaikinultimatepools.com to set up your service.
Also, in light of the current situation, please understand that we are now requiring payment in full in advance (all discounts offered for prepayment still apply). While our method of payment preference is credit card, we will also accept checks. If you opt for credit card payment, we will need you to fill out and return a signed credit card authorization form to us. That said, if you’d like to move forward with scheduling your pool to open, we need you to agree to the following:
- We will bill you 65% of the service up front, and email you a receipt that you are required to sign and send back prior to your scheduled date of service;
- Once we complete your scheduled service, we will run your card for any remaining balance, as well as any additional charges that might be incurred during that visit (e.g., needed repairs or other work and/or materials that might fall outside the scope of our summerization services;
- We will then forward you a paid receipt for your signature.
Please note that for those who prepay using a check who need additional work done on the date of service, we will be invoicing you for that additional work and requiring payment via credit card or check on the same day the work is completed.
Once you receive your paid invoice, we urge you to review it and the included work done and contact us immediately if you have any questions about the work for which you were billed. This will allow us to address and resolve those questions together.
Please also note that due to the current economic situation in our country, we are currently unable to extend credit to our clients as we have done in the past. We do want you to know that we respect each and every one of you, and hope you understand our reasons for this hopefully temporary limitation.
At this time, we also feel confident that we will be able to perform the services associated with opening and maintaining your swimming pools and spas, as such work is considered essential to keeping residences and commercial facilities clean and sanitized, as well as offering a way for families to stay at home while maintaining their emotional and physical wellbeing.
Some additional notes:
Our industry’s interpretation of essential (as in essential service and/or work) means we cannot start any new construction projects. Should you have any questions about whether your construction project would be considered new or ongoing, please contact Kyle Chaikin at Kyle@chaikinultimatepools.com for further clarification as there are multiple factors involved in determining that.
Where we are already mid-project, we will be contacting you on an individual basis to discuss your specific situation.
Additionally, please know that:
- Our staff have been thoroughly instructed on social distancing practices. We implore you to follow these guidelines as well. This is for your benefit, our benefit, and the benefit of our entire nation.
- Our staff will not be allowed to enter your home, including your basement, or attached garage. If your pump or other equipment is inside, we’re asking you to place it outside. Together we can determine the most convenient location for you to leave this equipment. This is typically the pool pump, cover bag (if you have one) skimmer baskets, plugs, etc. On a case by case basis it may be determined that our staff could go into a storage shed or garage if it poses a hardship to you. Please discuss this at the time of scheduling.
- All of the pools and spas we service/maintain are sanitized using chlorine or bromine at a minimum. Depending on your existing setup, this could involve the use of three inch (3″) Chlorine tablets, Liquid Chlorine with peristaltic pumps, or Salt Chlorine Generators. Many of the pools and spas we service are equipped with additional UV, Ozone, or AOP systems, which are all approved by the CDC for safe and germ-free pools. If for some reason your pool is not using one of these forms of sanitization, please let us know and we will provide you with a proposal to install the one that best suits your needs, while meeting or exceeding the CDC’s guidelines.
We will be doing our best to maintain a schedule through these incredibly trying times. Obviously, we intend to have all our employees AND our customers stay healthy and hope that we can do all of the work in a timely fashion.
Again, please remember that we are working remotely where possible, but will continue to field calls and respond to emails as efficiently and quickly as possible.
Thank you again for your continued business and support in these trying times.
All of us at the Chaikin Ultimate Group hope that you and your families are safe and healthy.
Ed Cohen & Kyle Chaikin
(you can email us directly Ed@ultimatepoolcare.com or Kyle@chaikinultimatepools.com)
Swimming Pool Water Safety:
The CDC website on water-related issues shows there is no evidence that the virus can be spread through the use of pools or hot tubs. See below for a link to that and other relevant information.
- All of the pools and spas we maintain use chlorine or bromine as a disinfectant.
- Remember that salt water pools are generating chlorine as the disinfectant (they’re called Electronic Chlorine Generators). If you’re not sure how that works, click on this link
We appreciate your understanding as we all work together to ensure your family has a safe and happy swimming season. Please, as always, let us know any questions or concerns by emailing email@example.com, or calling 631-242-2667. Please leave a voicemail and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
From the CDC (Centers for Disease Control & Prevention Website – www.cdc.gov):
Can the COVID-19 virus spread through pools and hot tubs?
“There is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread to humans through the use of pools and hot tubs. Proper operation, maintenance, and disinfection (e.g., with chlorine and bromine) of pools and hot tubs should remove or inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19.”
The PHTA (Pool & Hot Tub Alliance, formerly the Association of Pool & Spa Professionals), has also put together an excellent set of COVID-19 recommendations and other associated information tailored to the Swimming Pool & Spa Industry and based on information gleaned from the CDC and other authoritative websites.
We continue to schedule openings as usual:
We’ve kept and improved upon the opening packages introduced last year, which offer deeper discounts for early openings. Don’t hesitate to open your pool as early as possible to ensure everything is working smoothly before the season begins.
Download the form here, and please let us know any questions or concerns!